This is an audio and text episode where a writer, poet, or translator shares their five favorite books by other writers, poets, or translators of South Asian origin.
Also, each month, we do a roundup of the five most popular features on the website and across other platforms as “Community Favorites”.
If you would like to participate in this channel, please contact here. We will respond within five business days if your pitch is accepted.
NOTE: We’re going through a brand color scheme re-do. Please bear with some of our old templates/colors below.
These are the latest features. To see the entire archive of #FiveDesiFaves, click here.
- #FiveDesiFaves: Sorayya Khan on the books to which she owes a substantial debt
- #FiveDesiFaves: Vaishnavi Patel on the books that speak to who she is as a reader and writer
- #FiveDesiFaves: Shafik Meghji shares the desi books that have influenced his travel writing
- #FiveDesiFaves: Neema Avashia on the five nonfiction books that have shaped her life and work
- #FiveDesiFaves: Mishika Narula and Srisruthi Ramesh of Brown Girl Bookshelf share their recent favorites
- #FiveDesiFaves: Zilka Joseph shares her favorite books of poetry and hybrid essays
- #FiveDesiFaves: Vaseem Khan shares his favorite desi crime fiction works
- #FiveDesiFaves: Vidhu Aggarwal’s favorite diasporic works of speculative poetics and alternative fantasy
- #FiveDesiFaves Roundup: Historical Fiction
- #FiveDesiFaves Roundup: #MangoDiscourse
- #FiveDesiFaves Roundup: Literary Translations
- #FiveDesiFaves Roundup: Women and Travel
Join the Conversation