This is a text interview and community question series to discuss behind-the-scenes publishing issues specific to organizations, venues, and influencers working on or with desi (South Asian) literature. [NOTE: Until July 2021, this was a monthly audio channel before switching to text.]
If you would like to pitch a feature, please contact here.
NOTE: We’re going through a brand color scheme re-do. Please bear with some of our old templates/colors below.
- #DesiLitBiz Community Question: On literary translation collaborations
- #DesiLitBiz: Mishika Narula and Srisruthi Ramesh, cofounders of Brown Girl Bookshelf, on the work they do to uplift South Asian creators
- #DesiLitBiz Community Question: On genre-switching as an emerging writer
- #DesiLitBiz: Arvin Ram on running Townie Books and why indie bookstores matter more than ever
- #DesiLitBiz: Chetan Mahajan on cofounding The Himalayan Writing Retreat and what it offers
- #DesiLitBiz: Harshad Marathe on book cover design and tips for debut writers
- #DesiLitBiz Community Question: On coming to writing later in life
- #DesiLitBiz: Sangeeta Mehta on book editing and diversity and equity in publishing
- #DesiLitBiz Community Question: On writing beyond the usual South Asian themes
- #DesiLitBiz: Rohini Malur on the Write in Power anthology from The Hidden Pen Collective
- #DesiLitBiz Community Question: On getting starting in literary translation
- #DesiLitBiz: Murali Kamma on editing Khabar Magazine and looking for the stories behind the news
Join the Conversation