These are timely, theme-specific roundups of previously-featured writers or works.
The channel began in 2020 as a 10-15 minutes audio segment where a writer, poet, or translator shared their three favorite reads (short stories, poems, essays, interviews, etc.) by desi writers. It was mostly on hiatus in 2021 and is starting back up in 2022.
- #DesiBoost: World Poetry Day
- #DesiBoost: International Mother Language Day
- #FiveDesiFaves: Nandini Bhattacharya on her five favorite desi historical novels; #DesiBoost: Anuja Ghimire on her favorite desi poems
- #DesiLitBiz: Sarina Prabasi on how activism and writing go together; #DesiBoost: Haider Shahbaz on his favorite desi works
- #DesiReads: Taran Khan reads from her travel memoir, Shadow City; #DesiBoost: Satish Prabasi on his favorite desi works
- #DesiCraftChat: Tara Isabel Zambrano on the art and craft of the short and flash story; #DesiBoost: Madi Sinha on her favorite desi works
- #FiveDesiFaves: Guruprasad Kaginele on his favorite desi works in translation; #DesiBoost: Saumya Dave on her favorite desi works
- #DesiLitBiz: Sarah Thankam Matthews on the SAAG Anthology; #DesiReads: Sameer Pandya reads from his novel, Members Only
Join the Conversation