These are theme-specific lists of books that are also, in some way or another, in conversation with each other.
The channel began in 2020 as a 10-15 minutes audio segment where a writer, poet, or translator shared their three favorite reads (short stories, poems, essays, interviews, etc.) by desi writers. It was mostly on hiatus in 2021 and has started back up in 2022 in this new avatar.
- #DesiBoost: World Poetry Day
- #DesiBoost: International Mother Language Day
- #FiveDesiFaves: Nandini Bhattacharya on her five favorite desi historical novels; #DesiBoost: Anuja Ghimire on her favorite desi poems
- #DesiLitBiz: Sarina Prabasi on how activism and writing go together; #DesiBoost: Haider Shahbaz on his favorite desi works
- #DesiReads: Taran Khan reads from her travel memoir, Shadow City; #DesiBoost: Satish Prabasi on his favorite desi works
- #DesiCraftChat: Tara Isabel Zambrano on the art and craft of the short and flash story; #DesiBoost: Madi Sinha on her favorite desi works
- #FiveDesiFaves: Guruprasad Kaginele on his favorite desi works in translation; #DesiBoost: Saumya Dave on her favorite desi works
- #DesiLitBiz: Sarah Thankam Matthews on the SAAG Anthology; #DesiReads: Sameer Pandya reads from his novel, Members Only
Join the Conversation