These are just some of the new and notable books by writers of South Asian origin. For a more complete list in the US, go to the Desi Books Bookshop (US.) For a UK list, go to the Desi Books Bookshop (UK.) Currently, there isn’t a single location to list books recently published within South Asia although several such books do get included in the selected lists below.
Please note that, until July 2021, these books were listed on the podcast episodes. From August 2021-onwards, they’ve been listed separately on the website.
If you would like your book to be considered for listing, please contact here. At this time, self-published books are not being listed.
- #DesiBooksReco October 2021
- #DesiBooksReco September 2021
- #DesiBooksReco August 2021
- #DesiCraftChat: Nawaaz Ahmed on unconventional narrators; #FiveDesiFaves: Jyotsna Sreenivasan on her favorite desi works by women in English translation
- #DesiCraftChat: Suchitra Vijayan on making the political deeply personal; #DesiReads: Ayesha Chaudhry reads from her memoir, The Color of God
- #DesiCraftChat: Sanjena Sathian on writing beyond the usual immigrant fiction tropes
- #DesiCraftChat: Priyanka Champaneri on writing about a city as a character; #DesiCraft Chat: Dhruti Shah on how business terms can apply to other life situations too
- #DesiCraftChat: Renuka Singh on the Dalai Lama; #DesiReads: Shaukat Ajmeri reads from his novel, Keepers of the Faith
- #DesiCraftChat: Shoba Narayan on writing about food and religion in India
Join the Conversation